We hope you have enjoyed looking at the cats and kittens on our website, Facebook or CatChat rehoming pages.
Things to consider before applying to adopt:
– If in rented accommodation have written landlords permission to have a cat(s) in the property.
– Any existing cats must be neutered and have vaccinations up to date. We will need to see proof at the home check.
– If you live on or near a busy/main road we don’t allow adoption of cats that need outdoor access, unless you have a catio.
– Have id such as a passport plus a utilities letter/bill confirming your address, or driving licence.
– Have WhatsApp installed on your phone in case the visit has to be virtual and also so we can do the home check via a video call.
.HOW TO ADOPT
Look on our website (linascatrescue.com) , the photo albums and posts on our Facebook Group (Lina’s Cat Rescue) for cats identified as AVAILABLE.
Email your interest, only for AVAILABLE cats, to email@example.com and we will email an Adoption Questionnaire. Complete the questionnaire and email it back to us.
Visits will be actual or virtual via a WhatsApp video call, whichever is appropriate, They will be arranged in order of suitable applicants received questionnaires. The foster carer will get in touch by phone and arrange a visit, at a convenient time, for you to meet the cat either in person or via a video call.
If you wish to proceed with adoption the cat will be marked as RESERVED and we’ll then undertake a home check. This will be done via a WhatsApp video call or in person if local to a volunteer. We’ll ask to see id for you and to show us around your property and garden to ensure that everything is safe for the cat. We’ll get back to you with the outcome of the home check and if successful we’ll proceed to Adoption.
We will email a copy of the Adoption Agreement. If you have a printer, print, sign, scan or take a photo and return. Don’t worry if you don’t have a printer, on collection of the cat we will provide a hard copy of the Agreement for you to sign.
If you are happy with the Agreement then you need to pay the Adoption fee via Paypal using the Friends and Family option or a BACS transfer (we’ll provide our bank details)
When we have received the adoption fee you will need to collect the cat from the foster home and provide a suitable cat carrier.
We will contact you after about 5 days to ensure that everything is OK. If you have any problems/queries before or after then you will have our contact number
All our cats have had a vet health check and any necessary treatment undertaken, are neutered, microchipped, fully vaccinated, up to date with flea and worm treatment and come with 5 weeks free insurance from Agria.